Marantz unveils new 8K Ultra-HD AV surround preamplifier
The AV7706 offers balanced and unbalanced 11.2-channel preamp outputs, premium 8K HDMI connectivity, and Marantz’s renowned sound signature. This makes it the ideal basis for an impressive home entertainment system.
Marantz , one of the world’s leading manufacturers of advanced audio components, today announces its new 8K surround AV preamplifier. The AV7706 with 11.2-channel XLR and RCA preamp outputs forms the foundation of any system designed to deliver stunning audio fidelity. The unit is designed for use with a high-quality external power amplifier such as the Marantz MM8077, MM7055 or MM7025. This makes it not only an excellent AV processor, but also an outstanding analog preamplifier. Marantz’s proprietary HDAM circuitry in the preamplifier section provides optimal channel separation, minimal spurious signal effects, and improved signal-to-noise ratio for precise, detailed resolution and stereo imaging. ELNA capacitors and other selected components are used in the analog and digital section. In addition, the AV7706 delivers excellent performance and dynamics – for classic devices such as turntables and CD players as well as digital media of all kinds. In doing so, Marantz combines the latest audio and video technologies to provide users with a versatile premium home theater experience.
The Marantz AV7706 (MSRP 2.399 €) will be available from mid-November at authorized Marantz dealers.
Key features of the Marantz AV7706
- 11.2-channel XLR preamplifier outputs and 11.2-channel RCA preamplifier outputs
- Two Griffin Lite DSPs for 3D audio: Dolby Atmos®, Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology, DTS:X®, DTS Virtual:X, IMAX® Enhanced, MPEG-H, and Auro-3D® for exceptional listening with all your different favorite audio styles
- Support for 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz passthrough (on one input) for any entertainment requirement
- 8K/60Hz passthrough and upscaling, Dynamic HDR and QMS ensure the best possible picture quality
- 4K/120Hz passthrough, Variable Frame Rate (VRR), Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM), and Quick Frame Transport (QFT) let you experience your games with amazing picture quality and reduced delay and latency.
- Support for the latest HDR formats, including HDR10, HDR10+, HLG, Dolby Vision, 4:4:4 color resolution, BT.2020 and Dynamic HDR. This enables exceptional picture quality in terms of brightness, clarity and contrast on the eight HDMI inputs and three outputs
- Advanced video processing with analog-to-HDMI conversion and upscaling from HD to 4K/8K
- eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) supports the latest surround and object-based audio formats via a single HDMI connection between AVRs and compatible TVs
- Dedicated preamplifier board with Marantz proprietary HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) for highest sound performance
- Generously sized power supply with high-quality ELNA capacitors for fast and clean audio reproduction
- Minimal risk of interference thanks to extensive shielding
- High-quality 32-bit D/A converters from AKM deliver consistently high quality on all channels for the ultimate surround listening experience
- Music streaming from internet radio, Spotify Connect, Amazon Music HD, TIDAL, Deezer and more via Bluetooth, AirPlay 2 and HEOS® Built-in
- Advanced room acoustic correction with Audyssey MultEQ XT32, Dynamic Volume, Dynamic EQ, Low Frequency Containment, Sub EQ HT and professional tuning via Audyssey App (optional) for optimal sound definition in any room; ability to store two speaker configurations
Advanced 8K HDMI connectivity with eARC support
The new Marantz AV7706 has eight HDMI inputs and three outputs for comprehensive connectivity options. A dedicated 8K input supports 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz passthrough. 4K/60Hz and 4:4:4 Pure Color subsampling, Dolby Vision, HLG, HDR10, 3D, BT.2020 passthrough as well as the latest copy protection standard HDCP 2.3 are supported on all HDMI inputs. Thanks to the latest HDMI technologies and specifications, the AV7706 offers users a new dimension of video, gaming and TV experiences with HDR10+, Dynamic HDR, ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode), VRR (Variable Refresh Rate), QMS (Quick Media Switching) and QFT (Quick Frame Transport). The video processor is also capable of upscaling native video sources to 8K quality. In addition, the AV7706 offers support for HDMI eARC, so 3D audio formats like Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X® can be streamed in premium quality directly from the TV source.
Full support for 3D audio
For multi-dimensional audio with goosebumps guaranteed, the AV7706 supports the latest surround formats such as Dolby Atmos®, Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology, DTS:X®, DTS Virtual:X, IMAX® Enhanced, MPEG-H and Auro-3D®.
Designed for the highest audio quality
The AV7706 reproduces all details even in demanding action movie scenes and also plays audio with the highest musicality. It doesn’t matter if you’re using analog sources, streaming content from a music service, or listening to high-resolution audio files up to FLAC 192/24 and DSD 5.6 listening from your private music library.
The model features a dedicated preamp board with HDAM technology that delivers a very high slew rate for true wideband frequency response. The enormously wide dynamic range also contributes to optimum sound quality. The analog preamplifier section is also equipped with its own power supply unit. For the highest fidelity and maximum dynamic range with minimal distortion, all channels of the AV7706 are equipped with high-quality AKM D/A converters that convert the digital signal from the two powerful Sharc Griffin Lite DSPs to an analog signal.
The phono EQ stage also features Marantz HDAMs, which provide extremely fast signal processing and ensure a clear audio signal. So they deliver outstanding sound performance without coloring the sonic character of the music.
The AV7706 reproduces every note exactly as the artist or film sound engineer intended – the quiet as well as the loud tones. The sensitive audio processing section is protected by the elegant aluminum front panel with illuminated porthole display.