Autodesk AutoCAD is the ultimate software for computer-aided design in the fields of engineering, architecture and 3D modeling
Computer-aided design (CAD) is the use of a set of computer tools to create 2D and 3D models, that help engineers, architects and designers in their daily work. And among these utilities there is one that stands out from all the rest. The speech is from Autodesks AutoCAD, a commercial product that has been the benchmark in this CAD segment since the early 1980s, and which is renewed every year with new versions and improved features in order to stay ahead of the game.
AutoCAD Is a computer-aided design (CAD) software that architects, engineers and construction professionals rely on to create accurate 2D and 3D drawings.
The program offers almost unlimited possibilities for computer-aided planning, which is two- and three-dimensional modeling of structures and the creation of documentation. But it is a tool of a decidedly professional nature, both because of the advanced knowledge required to get the most out of it and its high price, although a 30-day trial is available. How and where to learn to use it? With a lot of patience and with the help of the many guides and video tutorials that you can find on the Internet.
The most important features
The main functions and features of this CAD design software include the following:
- Creates designs and draws in 2D and 3D on the program grid.
- Freeform design tools can be used to implement design ideas in any shape.
- Analyzes the continuity between different surfaces.
- The details of all drawings can be seen clearly and distinctly.
- Captures reality through Point clouds or by scanning files.
- Extracts isolinear curves with the Tools to extract surface curves.
- Controls the graphics window on the canvas and changes settings, views and visual styles.
- TrustedDWG technology to ensure drawing fidelity.
- It is possible to import files from Autodesk Inventor.
- It is possible to customize the color of the user interface to be easy on the eyes, and to adapt other elements to one’s needs.
What’s new in AutoCAD 2022?
According to Autodesk AutoCAD 2022 is based on three important pillars. First, task automations that speed up work and allow you to focus on what’s really important. Second, seamless, cross-platform connectivity that allows complete freedom and flexibility in work. Finally, the constant innovation to always have the best functions and features on the market. The latest are listed below: