Telecommunications industry: okostrom should improve climate balance

Telecommunications industry: Okostrom should improve climate balance

Germany’s telecommunications companies are always stronger on okostrom to operate their antennas, servers and shops climate-friendly. Vodafone rally on Thursday a complete "grunge" Electricity balance in Germany, so energy from wind, sun or hydropower. "We rely on sustainability because our customers, our employees and also the capital market are always stronger", said Vodafone Germany Chief Hannes Ametsreiter. He stressed that the business success is not at the expense of the environment thirst.

In its own plants and businesses, Vodafone has already refersen legostromus since April. In rental properties or for private land with Vodafone antennas, this is partly not the case: here Vodafone is sometimes "gray" Electricity over the landlord. This electricity, which also comes from coal-fired power plants, wants to compensate for Vodafone about the purchase of renewable certificates, which are also called any of origin from originating.

Mathematically "green"

With such certificates relating to the solar, wind or water power plants operated elsewhere, Vodafone’s power consumption becomes computationally complete "green" – Namely effective for the business year 2020/21 started in April. As a cost of these certificates and for directly related gruntrom, Vodafone estimates a total of about 25 million euros for five years.

Undisputed is such a detection trade, however, does not increase environmental protection, that this continues to emit CO2 and thus all in all a little employee. It is best to be in your view of relating the electricity from Oko sources on site.

With the certificate company, Vodafone reduces its CO2 outlet on paper by 92 percent. The remaining 8 percent accounts for the company car fleet and emergency stream diesel generators. At the aggregates, Vodafone verifies whether it can use hydrogen variants. And the company car fleet should be converted to half by 2025 to electro. Also until 2025 Vodafone wants "climate-neutral" be – that is the case that the remaining emissions are balanced by climate protection projects.

Okostrom and certificates

Also Vodafone’s competitor are progressing in climate protection. For example, Telefonica Germany has been heading for a hundred percent Gruntrom since 2016 – the Munchner company already served Fruh. As with the competition, however, the power component for rental properties, where the company does not have the purchasing liability as "Gray" – not from renewable. The rent for an antenna location paid Telefonica flat rate, which is called in including electricity costs. Where the energy comes from, is the thing of the landlord, and that was often allowed to sit on the cheapest source from the point of view of industry knives and thus also on coal.

In order to deject this Kohlerub from the climate protection vest, Telefonica wants to shop from the beginning of 2021 Gruntrom Certificates, which relate to Scandinavian hydropower. As a result, Telefonica has also been completely complete its power consumption "green" do. 2019 was the "gray" Share or 16 percent of the consolidated electricity consumption, trend decreasing.

Wind turbines on mobile masts

Deutsche Telekom already covers its electricity consumption since the beginning of the year with renewables and also relies on certificates purchases.

As another step towards climate protection, Vodafone wants more "grunn" Create electricity itself. The Duseldorfer company works together with the start-up Mowea, which develops small wind ratings for mobile masts. At locations that have little wind, solar systems are to be used. However, one’s own power generation is only one "Targeting maaking", How a spokesman stressed – so only a small part of the entire energy demand of the company.

Further Climate Protection Stand Vodafone, Telefonica and Telekom see better energy efficiency – power greaters are shut down and new technology is installed. This ensures that less power is needed. In 2019, Vodafone has carried out the information ten times as many data as in 2014, the power consumption remained according to the information but about the same. This is also helpful in the new mobile radio standard 5G, which according to the information is 80 percent less energy as its transaction 4G (LTE).

Like this post? Please share to your friends:
Leave a Reply

;-) :| :x :twisted: :smile: :shock: :sad: :roll: :razz: :oops: :o :mrgreen: :lol: :idea: :grin: :evil: :cry: :cool: :arrow: :???: :?: :!: